There are many articles on the web about following your passion. Follow Your Passion, Don't Follow Your Passion, Why Follow Your Passion is Bad Advice, Are you Living Your Passion, The Career Tip to Following Your Passion, etc, etc...
I believe in the power of following your passion. We all have different ideas of what that actually means. Some believe that you cannot follow your passion and make a living. But is that what it's really all about? If you are pursuing your passion just to chase the almighty dollar - you may not succeed. I truly believe there is more to it than that.
I often meet people in the tasting room and am able to pour wines they have never heard of or never tasted. I am able to share with other people who have various passions. I have heard some awesome "follow your passion" stories, and am able to share my story as well. I see the strength in passion.
If you are having difficulty in believing in the power of passion, and you feel it is not working for you, consider these Five Ways to Show The Power of Passion:
1) Share your successes or failures - it brings about a sense of community
2) Show others that you really care - listen to them with not only your ears but your eyes and your heart
3) Use your passion to give back - help those around you who may need inspiration or encouragement
4) Spread good news - it's contagious
5) Connect with others - bridge gaps and distances between people
Passion is a driving force. Following your passion is not about the money. It's about finding life's path that is caring, sharing, connecting, loving, and fulfilling. It's inside each of us.
Follow Your Passion